To produce Civil engineers with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes, who can be entrusted by the society to lead a sustainable world with enhanced quality of life.
- To effectively train our students as Civil engineers who can serve the society competently, collaboratively and ethically as
- Planners, designers, constructors and operators of the built environment
- Leaders of the natural environment and its resources
- Innovators and integrators of ideas and technologies across the public, private and academic sectors
- Managers of risk and uncertainty caused by natural events, accidents and other threats.
- Leaders in discussions and decisions shaping public, environmental and infrastructure policies.
About the Department
The Department offers one undergraduate, five post-graduate and also research programmes leading to bachelor, master and doctoral degrees. The Department has well experienced faculty, skilled technical staff and well equipped laboratories. It is a recognized QIP centre for training of faculty from other engineering colleges and polytechnics. The Department has been always in the forefront in taking up R&D initiatives and Industrial Consultancy assignments.